Monday, November 3, 2014

Observations 70

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • "God created the world out of nothing, and so long as we are nothing, He can make something out of us." Martin Luther
  • I absolutely hate it when I find that I have forgotten my wallet after I have driven all the way to the store.
  • "He had always been generous in his praise. It was all he had to give." George R.R. Martin
  • Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks in the NBA referred to himself as "The most underrated superstar." Such a humble soul.
  • I was part of a graduate student's thesis defense recently where the student and the advisor went at each other. As I was trying to calm things down in the aftermath I said aloud, "What's this world coming to when I am the voice of reason?"