Thursday, January 16, 2014

Observations 43

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • In western civilization I would guess that more productivity is lost as folks concentrate on using their wireless gadgets for texting than through any other single activity. So many words floating around with so little actually being said.
  • There is a gas station/convenience store in my area that has had the same sign out front for more than a decade, "Best livers and gizzards in town". Hmmm, perhaps because nobody else would sell such clearly fictional animal parts.
  • I pass a church in town whose name seems designed to confuse the heck out of both Jew and Gentile, Temple Baptist Church.
  • Lately I seem to have lost my ability to crack an egg into a bowl without also including numerous bits of shell. This has been going on for some time and has me concerned.
  • Don't you think it is a bit creepy when an adult gives you a picture of themselves for a gift?