Friday, December 27, 2013

Best Books of 2013

This year I have read 72 books and have come across some that really captivated me. In fact, looking back over my list, I can say that there wasn't a turkey among them. I have been on so many adventures through the pages that I have turned. So, as is my tradition at the end of each year, I wanted to share my list of the top 10 "books" for this year in no particular order. Note that I use "books" because I typically count a series by an author as one entry.
  • A Song of Fire and Ice series (A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons), George R.R. Martin
  • Odd Thomas series (Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, Brother Odd, Odd Apocalypse, Odd Interlude, Deeply Odd), Dean Koontz
  • The Brothers Karamozov, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • The Dancing Priest series (Dancing Priest, A Light Shining), Glynn Young
  • The Rabbit Angstrom series (Rabbit, Run, Rabbit Redux, Rabbit is Rich, Rabbit at Rest), John Updike
  • His Dark Materials (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass), Philip Pullman
  • The Books of Mortals (Sovereign), Ted Dekker
  • The Pilgrim's Regress, C.S. Lewis
  • Licks of Love, John Updike
  • The Witches of Eastwick, John Updike
I have already started to pick out some books for the first part of 2014. If you have any suggestions, send them along and I will check them out. I keep my list of reads current on my Shelfari page.