Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Observations 29

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Some of the most annoying drivers are those that block up the road puttering along driving the speed limit.
  • Here's a completely nonsensical court sentence. Life + 1000 years. What does that even mean? After you die they plan to keep your body locked up in its cell for a full millenium?
  • A hippy-type eclectic gift store in town had a sign in its window saying that they now sell swords. If they stay on this time line, they will begin to stock muskets in another 50 years or so.
  • In a telling quote from ex-President Richard Nixon after the Watergate affair had led to his impeachment, "When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal."
  • A colleague was supposed to attend a meeting with me in a new Building on site that he had never been in before. He came to me a bit before the meeting and said, "When it comes time for the meeting, get me to go with you." I replied, "What should I do if you really don't want to go?"