Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Observations 12

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Whenever I push the trunk release button in my car, the dashboard illuminates the message "Trunk is Ajar". Like a dolt, I always chuckle to myself and say, "No it's not."
  • Every restaurant that I go into these days seems to have flagrant signage with bold and fancy fonts that declare that their foods are gluten free. Does this mean anything to anyone? Is gluten the new MSG?
  • Watching a McDonald's commerical focussing on new Happy Meals that include milk and apple slices, my daughter remarked, "It's kind of sad when you have to leave your home and go out to a fast food place to buy healthy food." Hmmm.
  • Show me a man who claims that he hates leftovers for dinner and I will show you a man who doesn't have to cook for himself.
  • Some yearly traditions really warm the old ticker, like donating a toy for a little boy and a little girl each year to the Toys for Tots drive at work.