Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mindset 1

Over the past several weeks, I have written a couple of posts focusing on my daughter and how fast she seems to be growing up (see Left Behind, Treasure Box). Although I tend to tear up thinking about our adventures together and looking at photographs of her from days gone by, I never want to lose these memories or let them slip away. They are a part of my daughter's life. They are a part of my life. The frustrating thing is that I have come to realize that occasions and instances that were once so precious to me have gently faded away over the years. I thought my blog forum would be a great place to reminisce about some of my favorite memories of my daughter's life when she was younger. While you might think that this series could evolve into a rather somber affair, I hope to try to explore and remember from a joyful point of view. In fact, I have already made a list of about a dozen things that I wanted to write about and share with you.

This new series of posts that I have decided to call "Mindset", will be presented over the next weeks and months. I thought the Mindset title would be fitting because I want to recapture and reset these memories in my mind so that I might hold onto them a little bit longer. I also wanted to do it with the right attitude so that I don't mire myself down in the sticky, depressing tar of sadness and regret. I hope that the task of writing these entries will serve me well, and I hope too that you will enjoy going on this trip with me.